My Intro!


Hey class,

My name is Caitlin and I am heading into my final year at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. I was born and raised in Juneau, Alaska with my dad, mom and younger sister. My hometown is located in Southeast Alaska and is also the capital of Alaska. I spend a majority of my time playing basketball. I am currently on the UAF Women's Basketball team. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends as well as listening to music, cooking, watching movies, traveling, and watching what is trending in fashion. 
I would say I do not have a strong relationship with art. It's not that I do not value the beauty and meaning behind art work, but I have not had a very strong art background so I am hoping to gain more knowledge by taking this class. The piece above was made by my cousin who lives in Kansas and has her own art business. She makes ceramic cups/pots with different animals with great detail and also sculptures using bisque and drawings. I have tried working with clay and I really love to make ceramic pieces on the wheel, free hand building pieces and using different glazing colors. I personally don't own any art but my family home is filled with art in various forms, but mostly art prints drawn or painted by Alaskan artists. I have not been too many art museums in my lifetime but would love explore art museums in other countries. I really have enjoyed seeing the ice sculptures that people make in Fairbanks during the Ice Festival.








Comments

  1. I like the picture of the art you posted. Your cousin is very talented. I hope you enjoy this class you are talking about. I find if I slow down and take the time to really study different pieces of art and find I really enjoy it. You are young and very busy; at some point you will have time to explore all the wonderful art that is out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you have an artist in the family. You're probably back in Juneau for the summer. Whether you are in Fairbanks, or Juneau, you should try going to a First Friday event. They can be quite eye opening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Caitlin, :) It's really cool to hear you're on the basketball team, and good luck with your last year! Your cousin is very talented but it's awesome that you like to work with clay too. I heard it's pretty hard to work on the wheel so it's nice you got experience. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Renaissance Blog

Arts of Asia, Edo Period

Art and Scientific Discovery in the 1700’s: Classical Era